About the Parade
The Worthington Memorial Day Parade has always been about recognizing all the Men and Women that have served or are serving this great country in United States Armed Forces.
Every person / group in the Worthington Memorial Day Parade should focus on patriotism, and/or honor veterans, and honor those currently serving in the military. Examples of this are playing patriotic music, and/or wearing red, white, and blue, and Please, display the American Flag whenever possible and do so with reverence and respect.
Remember the reason of this occasion, to honor the members of the United States Armed Forces, past and present. Some of whom have made the ultimate sacrifice for the freedoms we enjoy today.
For safety reason, no throwing candy or any other items/objects etc.
You may "HAND" out candy but take it to the curb.
Free of Peanuts, Tree Nuts and Eggs List.
- No Signs, Shirts, Flyers or Hand-outs stating: “Running for…,” “Elect…,” “Candidate for…,” etc.. These and any similar words are strictly prohibited.
- Political banners are not permitted. This is not a political parade.
- Current office holders may have signs stating their name and office only.
- Remember the reason of this occasion, honoring the members of the United States Armed Forces, past and present.
- Obey the instructions of the American Legion volunteers and others helping with staging and traffic control.
- Please display the flag whenever possible and do so with reverence and respect.
Any violation of the above rules may result in immediate removal from the Parade and no Parade participation the following year(s).
Please try to keep up with the pace of the parade. Have fun, be respectful, be courteous, and be safe. "If You See Something, Say Something".
We are looking forward to seeing you on Memorial Day in Worthington, Ohio.